Well, my lovelies, does anyone else feel like this year has just flown by? It feels like I just got use to 2015 and here comes 2016.
Despite how the year is gone in the blink of an eye, I still accumulated a few favorite beauty and fashion items.
The beauty all-stars are:
- The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit- seriously I’ve been using this hard for most of the year and I’ve barely made a dent. The banana and fawn shade have been my go to for every day. Seriously, I could probably find those two powders blind folded. You can pick this up at either Sephora or Ulta.
- The Makeup Revolution Bulletproof Brow kit- these powders are pigmented, the waxes have great hold, the concealer is so creamy, and that highlighter looks like you’ve had 18 hours of sleep! You can find this bad boy at Ulta for only $15.
- ELF Studio Brushes- it’s so hard to argue with a brush that costs $3-6, but it’s impossible when they are actually good quality. I can’t even count how many I use on a daily basis without even thinking about it. Some of the line is available at Target and the full line is at elfcosmetics.com. Occasionally there’s even a sale, so load up when there is!
- Witch Hazel- where has this been all my life?! Witch hazel is the gentlest toner I’ve ever used and it has done wonders for my sensitive and dry skin.
- Bite Cosmetics Agave Lip Mask- the best lip mask/balm in existence, I’m pretty sure. Put a little dab on after a lip scrub and your lips are hydrated in no time. I put it on every evening and it stays on through countless glasses of water and sleeping all night. Seriously, I wake up with it still on! It comes in a tube (which I have) and a stick (which I have not tried) at Sephora. It’s a little pricey, but it will last forever.
- Hourglass Ambient Light Highlighter in Dim Light- a subtle glow that makes you look like you are glowing from within. I use it as an under eye brightener, brow highlight, and inner corner highlight to look more awake and refreshed. You can pick this up (and several other shades) at Sephora for $45.
My fashion faves are:
- The silver and rose gold watch band for my apple watch. Purchased as a gift from Amazon, it really made my watch look more professional and “watch-like.” Much more stylish in my opinion than the bands at the Apple Store.
- Flowy white tee from Target. I only got this a week ago and it’s already a go to in my closet. You can never go wrong with a white tee and the cut of this one adds a little special something to it. It has a relaxed vibe that can be worked in so many ways. In fact I’ve worn it with slacks and a blazer to my office!
- PENCIL SKIRTS!!! If you’ve read my birthday post, you are aware of my new found love of pencil skirts. I’ve only got two at the moment, but I’m definitely thinking of adding more. IMATS is coming up and I want to put my best foot forward. What better way than to rock a pencil skirt?
Whew! That was actually quite a bit. What did you guys fall in love with this year?